Sunday, March 26, 2017

Shots & Angles

In the planning of the shooting of my movie opening I am beginning to put thought into specific shots, angles, camera movement, and composition I wish to include. A strategic implementation of proper filming techniques is needed for the success of my opening. I plan to consider the use of these strategies as best as possible to fit in the genre I am focusing on. Such thriller esque movies often have relatively frequent cuts and a wide range of angles, and various other techniques within them.
After doing research online I have gathered a multitude of filming techniques I should use in my opening. Such mechanics I am considering are over the shoulder shots, Dutch angles, tracking/panning shots, reaction shots, and an establishing shot.
In the beginning of my scene a spy is infiltrating through a compound, taking out some guards. I feel here over the shoulder shots and tracking pans would best capture the feng shui of the clip. It'll emphasize the subjects daringness, and liquidity as he moves through his surrounding environment.
A shift occurs in my opening when suddenly this sleek spy character is killed by the real main protagonist of the film. When he kills the spy a reaction shot, expressing sorrow, would greatly improve the scene and foreshadow to the audience future happening of the movie. Also a Dutch angle can be utilized here (as well as elsewhere in the scene) to demonstrate madness building up within our main protagonist.

Lastly an establishing shot will be used to commence my scene. It will likely be as wide as a shot as possible I can take of the location I am filming the scene at. Also in this shot I plan to include some words on screen to set where this is taking place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment