Sunday, March 19, 2017

Audience

The intended audience of my film will be people aged 16 and up. Drama and crime genre films are generally consumed by a large variety of people. Drama is a movie element that most frequently wins awards at film awards ceremonies, so it appeals widely to both men and women. Although my introduction is spy-centric, which is more of a male dominated genre, I believe women will also be able to appreciate it, and be enticed by it. It's unconventional application of spy genre movie characteristics could be enjoyed by a vast array of audiences.
My film, as typical of the crime genre, will utilize strong language along with other suggestive themes. Likely earning itself a rating between PG-13 or R. With this in mind the minimum age of people wanting to see this movie are at least 16. Additionally older people, aged 50+, wouldn't want to see this film as they aren't interested in movies of such composition.

Even though it may seem as if I'm limiting myself in the possible audience of my movie; there's still many people that fall into my criteria. 16-50 year olds would appreciate the plot of the movie and more importantly to me, the opening. Remaining gender neutral in terms of marketing and distribution is the best way to go about the diffusion of my film. I hope that my interesting shift in the opening doesn't alienate audiences, mainly those of women.

No comments:

Post a Comment