Sunday, March 26, 2017

Bonuses

Within my movie opening it has dawned on me that I should probably include some credits. I find it more interesting if in a movie opening credits are blended within the environment so I wish to include that. Additionally I find it appealing if location of setting is specified. Such conventions of film I plan to work into my opening.
As is typical of thriller movies some amount of credits are usually done in the beginning of the film. I plan to only apply a minimal amount of credits because I don't want them to dominate the screen on a approximately 2 minute movie opening. Some films, such as 300, have elaborate and long opening credit scenes, and although I enjoy the style I find my time is better used making a more structured movie opening. The practice of adding names into the environment of the narrative has always seemed cinematic to me. I feel if I can skillfully add names into my narratives setting my opening would seem like a significantly more professional production.

Along with the use of credits I think I should also use an ‘exotic location’ for my outpost. The compound for which this opening takes place will be in the Pacific, on some small island. During the establishing shot (the first shot in my opening) I will include in the bottom corner of the screen a small explanation of the setting. I feel doing this can help immerse the audience into exactly what's going on. The mixture of the immersion of locale, and the inclusion of credits blended into the environment are both factors I feel will bring my movie opening to its highest potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment