Sunday, March 12, 2017

Call Casting

With the scope of genres I'm focusing on in my opening the main character will be introduced. As typical in crime/drama/thriller/mysteries my main character, and some supporting roles will be shown within the opening scenes. Also as typical within those genres the main character will be dynamic, and complex. Like in the film Memento directed by Christopher Nolan the main character is really unique and story dominating. A well vetted and engaged cast is also going to be fundamental to my project.
Tremendously important is the fact I'm going to have to cast actors to act in this production. Due to my decision to work alone on this project, outside support from my friends will likely be required for this project to work out. In order for my movie opening to come out as best as possible I'm going to have to be sure that my actors are well informed, and engaged within their performances. Filming will likely take place on a weekend so that all my friends are available to cast.

Also I believe my main character should be something that would really encompass the audience and  entertain them. In Memento the main character has the inability to create new memories, so the plot entirely revolves around his experience of finding the man who killed his wife. This character is developed a lot throughout the story, and his complexity in the fact he never can remember something new really drives the film. Phenomenal acting in a leading role is also vital, as shown in Memento. Wise choices in the casting and creation of the leading role are being taken account into the making of my movie opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment