Sunday, March 12, 2017

Crime Time

Crime is the most common general theme of a vast majority of films I enjoy and make effort to watch, therefore this theme should be prominent in my opening. Productions that feature the protagonist as a monger of crime make up some of my favorite films and T.V. series's. Breaking Bad is a television series in which a cancer ridden chemistry teacher begins manufacturing crystal meth in order to support his family. Inception is a movie about a thief whom uses your subconscious in order to extract secrets. As a fan of both of these productions, and others similar to it, I embrace the notion of my main character being a criminal of some sort in major crime.  
Mob related crime would be an interesting theming to my production. Powerful, and wealthy families of the mob can create enjoyable avenues of conflict for my movie. Inspiration for a mob theme stems from my liking of Sin City (2005), directed by Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez, and Quentin Tarantino. This movie is a anthology film meaning it's actually multiple short films loosely connected to one another, all of which with a common theme of mob crime. All the conflicts outlined in it emphasize to me the vast possibilities of a mob film, making it seem to me that it's very doable.
Aside from mob crime my film can alternatively enact a fugitive on the run. Movies based on a fugitive on the run, like mob centered movies, have tons of possible avenues of conflict. In True Romance (1993) directed by Tony Scott, and written by Quentin Tarantino a man and a women that steal cocaine from the mob flee to Los Angeles, to evade their capture. In this movie many aspects of fugitivity are used that can easily be transferred to my own production.
Either it be of or relating to mob crimes or fugitives on the run, crime is destined to be a theme of my movie. Typical genre characteristics and methods will be especially reviewed in the process of creating my production, for added effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment