Sunday, April 2, 2017

Stylistic Options

In the midst of actually filming my movie opening I decided to review my plan. My goal in creating my opening is to demonstrate skills I picked up during this school year regarding film. Over the course of the year we discussed many techniques used across a wide array of film. Bringing as many of these elements as possible into my opening would make it it's very best.
Just the other day I viewed Split (2016) directed by M. Night Shyamalan. After the exciting yet brief opening of that film the title of the movie is shown. I feel this strategic use of the title, paired with an non diegetic sound effect, would also apply itself well to my film. Reading this list also aided in my decision for my opening to end with my movie title. At the end of the clip when he is talking on the radio he should say “hello” through it after silence, all the while the camera zooms in. After that dramatic “hello” it immediately goes to the title screen. This would all harmonize to create a great dramatic ending to my opening.
Although I feel it may greatly improve the overall quality and delivery of my opening I am hesitant to include lots of undertone music. I have limited skill using music production softwares, so Such simplistic music will do well for my scene as a very background building ambiance.  I plan to create lowkey undertone music for my production.

No comments:

Post a Comment