Friday, April 7, 2017

Filming Part 2

My desire to apply credits blended into the environment (as mentioned in a previous post) was executed phenomenally. I used my mother's label maker to print out me and my friends names, and stuck them to the side of my house. I used camera movement wisely, as I panned and paused as the subject of the scene snuck past the names on the wall. My friend, Austin, another AICE Media Studies AS level student, shot the names on the wall as he pointed out when I did it I was shaking too much.  
We were filming at around 2:30pm, and after about 30 minutes of outside shooting in 90 degree weather one of my actors, Ryder, began to flip out. He nearly abandoned the cause, but after a short break inside we were able to finish up the shooting.
I included angles I had spoken of in my previous posts along with lots of camera movement. Close ups, mid shots, and over the shoulder shots featured in my opening all culminated in making a great introductory sequence. I used more tilts and pans than I intended to use, however I feel as if they really added to the dramatic value of the clip.  

Filming was an enjoyable experience, and not really any issues were encountered. Every shot was done in only a handful of takes, and I'm happy with how my actors portrayed my characters for the most part. I didn't get as much footage as I would've liked to, so my opening will probably be on the shorter, regardless of that I believe after it's completed it will have accomplished what I set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment