Friday, April 7, 2017

Wrapping Up

I have finished all of my filming, and I'm now editing the project to perfection. My final shot; which depicts the henchmen speaking into the radio is phenomenal in terms of how the shots were taken. Extra close ups, and close ups in this final shot significantly added to the dramatic element. The ending of the opening when the title “the Henchmen” comes on screen I plan to add a sound effect for dramatic effect. Also I'm toying with the idea of adding a snapping sound when the spy is taken down.
In the editing of my project I'm keeping in mind talking points for my director's commentary. I have already been creating my director's commentary script, and I will be recording it this weekend. I plan to do the director's commentary in the form of a podcast, so I won't have to re edit the video to fit the format of a director's commentary showing the video.
During filming my backyard neighbors dog suddenly came out and started to bark at us. Although this was completely unintentional I was able to get a interesting shot of the spy sneaking around and a pan over to the dog barking. I am not certain if I'm going to use that clip but it did come out well, and was unscripted (it was also lucky it was a big black dog).

Overall I enjoyed the creation of the foundation portfolio project. It called for me to be creative, and create a movie opening. I'm proud of the work I was able to accomplish, especially because I chose to work alone on this large assignment. I believe by the time I'm done editing I will have a great opening on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment