Friday, April 7, 2017

Filming Part 1

I have finally commenced my filming. I determined that all I really needed in order for my opening is just a plain wall, so I decided to film on the side of my house. I also got a couple of my friends over to my house, and casted them for my opening.
In planning my filming I realized how I should be creating specific wardrobes for my characters. My friend, Ryder, whom I chose to be the spy in my opening was amendable to take on the spy stereotype of slicked back hair, so we gelled it back. Additionally after digging around my closet I came across a beige trench coat, which seemed reminiscent of something a spy would wear. After running the jacket by my friends they approved of it, and agreed it should be worn in the scene by the spy. I also put the spy in sunglasses as it seems that's typical for a spy. My other friend (Jose, the one that takes the spy down and talks into the radio at the end of the clip) was already wearing a white long sleeve and black pants, so I decided that's acceptable for his role. He's also in AICE Media Studies, (A level) and he provided me with some advice in the process of filming. He helped me in developing his character (which is the main protagonist of the actual film) and to direct a few shots.
Going into filming I planned on the spy character stealthily taking down guards, as he sneaks around. However in the setting in which we were filming having a guard standing there would seem awkward I felt. Instead I just had him sneaking around, crouching, and looking into the windows of my house. Also I planned on the spy being shot but I couldn't come up with a proper prop gun, so I decided the henchmen would just sneak up on him and take him out. Although I am slightly disappointed I had to make these changes I feel like my opening is still going to be overall good.

No comments:

Post a Comment